No one could have missed the launch of Open AI's ChatGPT. Its revolutionary and well-equipped language models have overtaken the world and impressed most skeptics.
Even though AI is not a new concept, ChatGPT is one of the most advanced versions the world has seen yet. This has caught many industries off guard, including the educational space. Forcing questions like:
- How can AI be used in education?
- How can we prevent it?
- Will it make cheating easier?
- How will this affect critical thinking?
- Should we go back to pen and paper?
- What positive impacts could it have?
Some have already taken action, for example:
New York City public schools ban access to AI tools that could help students cheat