An Online exam proctoring sevice monitors students taking proctored exams with to ensure exams are conducted with integrity. Online proctored exams are online tests that you take while a remote proctor and/or online proctoring software. Online proctoring or Digital Proctoring can provide institutions with a method to conduct exams online while protecting the integrity of exams.
1. Create the exam
- Create the exam in Digiexam.
- Create an exam from scratch or choose one created from your library.
- Choose features for the online proctoring according to your needs.
2. Verify students ID and start the exam
- Match high-resolution face photos or an identification card/passport against the student’s profile.
- Lock students’ devices to prevent cheating.
- Make use of automated proctoring or in-person proctoring given your institution's preferences.
- Notify, inform, and chat with students during the exam through the open chat.
3. Review exam results
- Review the credibility report.
- Grade per student or per question through automatic and anonymous grading.
- Co-grade with colleagues in one place.
- Publish the results back to your LMS or directly in the Digiexam platform.
Read more about Digiexam's digital proctoring process here
Ensure that the proctoring service you are choosing has a user friendly interface and is easily understandable. It should be customized for the teachers and students so that they can focus their energies on creating and solving the exam
Te proctoring service should be scalable in order to accomodate more number of students in a particular exam if required. An organization might have different number of students taking different examinations and hence it is important for the proctoring service to be scalable
Type of exam
The type of exam a university conduct is also an important factor to conisder before choosing the proctoing service. For eg the exam might be open book, closed book, objective, subjective etc. In such cases, the proctoring service should be customizable to ensure the needs of various examination types are met.
The universities must hence assess the type of exams they would need to conduct and choose the proctoring service based on their needs.
The cost associated with remote proctoring services
The institutuon also needs to evaluate the costs assosiated with a proctoring service and their budget. It is better to invest in a proctoring service which ensures integrity and security since it a one time investment
The support offered by te proctoring service should also be considered before evaluating any proctoring service. Teachers or students might face challenges during the online proctoring process and they should be promptly addressed.