Steps involved in Digiexam's digital proctoring service
1. Create the exam
- Create the exam in Digiexam.
- Create an exam from scratch or choose one created from your library.
- Choose features for the online proctoring according to your needs.
2. Verify students ID and start the exam
- Match high-resolution face photos or an identification card/passport against the student’s profile.
- Lock students’ devices to prevent cheating.
- Make use of automated proctoring or in-person proctoring according to your institution's preferences.
- Notify, inform, and chat with students during the exam through the open chat.
3. Review exam results
- Review the credibility report.
- Grade per student or per question through automatic and anonymous grading.
- Co-grade with colleagues in one place.
- Publish the results back to your LMS or directly on the Digiexam platform.
Read more about Digiexam's digital proctoring process here
5 factors to consider before choosing an online proctoring service
Ensure that the proctoring service you are choosing has a user-friendly interface and is easily understandable. It should be customized for the teachers and students so that they can focus their energies on creating and solving the exam.
The proctoring service should be scalable in order to accommodate more students in a particular exam if required. An organization might have different number of students taking different examinations and hence it is important for the proctoring service to be scalable
Type of exam
The types of exams a university conducts is also an important factor to consider before choosing the proctoring service. For eg, the exam might be open book, closed book, objective, subjective, etc. In such cases, the proctoring service should be customizable to ensure the needs of various examination types are met.
The universities must hence assess the type of exams they would need to conduct and choose the proctoring service based on their needs.
The cost associated with remote proctoring services
The institution also needs to evaluate the costs associated with a proctoring service and its budget. It is better to invest in a proctoring service that ensures integrity and security since it is a one-time investment.
The support offered by the proctoring service should also be considered before evaluating any proctoring service. Teachers or students might face challenges during the online proctoring process which should be promptly addressed.